Events Tracker

Events to check out this weekend on campus

The Schine Underground hosts a student comedy night this Saturday at 5:30 p.m.. Bring your friends and get ready to crack up as fellow students take the stage.

Calentón Music Fest
Grab your friends and dancing shoes for Syracuse University’s first Hispanic music festival in Goldstein Auditorium on Saturday night. Doors open at 7 p.m. and close at 9 p.m. Calentón translates to “the hotspot,” and Maldy, DJ Exxtra and Raíces Dance Troupe will bring the heat. The event is presented by Las Naranjas, La L.U.C.H.A., Student Association and Orange After Dark and is free for all students with a SUID or ESF ID.

Kickback Comedy
Prepare for a night of laughter at University Union’s student comedy show, “Kickback Comedy,” on Saturday night. The student comedy takes place in the Schine Underground and is free to all SU and SUNY ESF students, faculty, staff and the general public. Doors open at 5:30 p.m.

Trivia Night
Study up and head to Wolff’s Biergarten for Trivia Night on Wednesday at 7 p.m. There will be raffles and Wolff’s Biergarten gift cards will be given out all night long.

PRSSA Speaker: Tim Schlittner
Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) presents NFL Communications Director, Tim Schlittner ‘03, for a discussion on his career and role in the league. Sclittner will speak over Zoom but the audience will meet in-person on Wednesday in Newhouse 3 room 141 from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.

Orange After Dark: Horseback Riding
Enter the scenic trails of Tully on horseback this Saturday. Orange After Dark will hold a one-hour guided horseback ride as well as a one-hour hike. The bus will leave from College Place at 9 a.m. and return at 4 p.m. Spots can be reserved for $3 through the Wellness Portal.

A Little Bit of Syracuse
SU School of Architecture students created 80 handmade models of local buildings for “A Little Bit of Syracuse.” The students’ work is inspired by Japanese graphic novels and traditional Chinese landscape paintings. It is currently on display at the Everson Museum of Art. The models will be visible to the public Wednesday to Sunday until Dec. 31.